DIY midsummer

Midsummer is big celebration day in Finland, but I’m not too exited about it. Weather in Finland in June is unpredictable at its best, so I’m spending my midsummer day home, cleaning my wardrobe and implementing some instant reward DIY projects.

I trashed a tunic and a T-shirt dress with my beloved fabric cutter. I forgot to photograph the white tunic at it’s untouched state, but the black one is this basic, almost sheer American Apparel dress. Note all the cat hair… :-S

aa_dress

I’ve used both dresses mainly as undergarments. The idea was to incorporate them to layering like before – but I wanted to give them a right to stand out as their own, as independently interesting pieces.

From the white tunic I cutted out triangles and occassional quadrangles. The outlook of the surface is bit mosaic like. Assistant was available all the time, ready to give a hand… …er… …paw.

helper

This was more time consuming than I thought, I got tired after the front and left the back untouched.

cutted_I

To the black dress i made only simple slits, lightning fast DIY project:

cutted_II

Excuse my laziness, I tested both out with the same silk cotton knit dress. But you get the idea.

cutout_IIb

cutout_I

I guess that I’m actually going to use these!

6 Responses to “DIY midsummer”

1. Julie Says:

June 20th, 2009 at 1:07 pm

so awesome!! It does look like it’s a lot of work though. But worth it!

2. Asiye Says:

June 20th, 2009 at 1:44 pm

fabulous! they look really cool! brilliant idea and even though it might have been tons of work it was worth it! sure you will wear them lots

3. ania Says:

June 20th, 2009 at 2:03 pm

Those are just so cool. I particularly like the white one. I can see how it was a great deal of work. But it really looks incredible.

4. Casa Sandoval Says:

May 16th, 2013 at 2:25 am

I really love DIY because you can create your own style. Style that can be a trend.

5. Kazey Says:

May 16th, 2013 at 5:50 am

Summer in the Philippines is truly fun and such an adventure. When one wants to enjoy summer, one should prepare all the things needed. – YOR Health

6. Grace Says:

September 30th, 2014 at 11:49 pm

I think this is a really good article. You make this information interesting and engaging. You give readers a lot to think about and I appreciate that kind of writing.
    Viral Stuff and Trending News